ABOUT THE "WOUNDED WARRIORS FAMILY SUPPORT" ORGANIZATION
WWFS is an independent non profit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for the families of our combat wounded. Having earned Charity Navigator's highest four star rating, Wounded Warriors Family Support aids veterans and their families in healing the wounds that medicine cannot.
Our organization originated from a small, pass-the-hat campaign initiated by Col. John Folsom in 2003 benefiting soldiers at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany-the first stop for wounded military personnel from Iraq and Afghanistan before returning home. The WWFS organization serves veterans and their families in a number of ways:
- Caregiver Respite Program
- Family Retreats
- Mobility is Freedom Program
- Veterans Welding Training Program
- Numerous Awareness & Fundraising Events Across the Country
- The Main Event-WWFS High Five Tour featuring a current model year Ford Shelby that travels across the country visiting over 100 cities and logging over 27,000 miles. This allows Americans from all walks of life an opportunity to say "Thank You" and show their appreciation to our country's military and their families.
We need your help to meet our goal. Every donation, large or small, is deeply appreciated and helps WWFS meet it's goal of making these veteran programs a reality for many deserving veterans and their families.
Wounded Warriors Family Support (WWFS) is NOT affiliated
with Wounded Warriors Project.